Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014

Friday
#4
A. Overhead Squat. 12-15 reps. 2 min rest. x3 (nothing crazy... just see how the movement feels)
15@ 45, 55#  -- 12@ 65#

B. Jumping Back Squat. 8-10. 2 min rest. x4
10@85, 85, 90# -- 8@100#

+
15 min AMRAP
200m run
10 Wall Ball

10 DB Power Snatch 20-30# (alternating arms... 5 per arm)
6 rounds + run (25#)

Notes : 
I'm liking those overhead squats. The first two sets were pretty easy, last was tougher, but I could go up 10# next time. Maybe we can do more of these with less reps? For the jumping back squats I am confused about the correct tempo. I have watched a bunch of videos and they all seem to differ. Last week I did them very fast, no break, jumping nice and high. This time I did 2-3 in row, but not jumping as high of course because of the extra weight. Last set was 1 at a time, jumping from the bottom up. Is that correct? Amrap was good. Those walls felt like a vacation after the jumping squats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment