4-Feb
A. Power Clean. 3 TnG on the minute for 12 minutes. (4 moderate, 4 moderate~tough, 4 tough)
75, 85, 80, 80 # -- 85, 85, 85, 90# -- 95# (2 reps)
B. Hang Snatch High Pull. 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1. 90 sec rest. (really nice vid attached)
55, 65 - 75, 85 - 90# x2
C1. Dumbbell Power Snatch ("Tough" weight). 12 alternating reps. 10 sec rest
30# x3, 35# x2
C2. No Push Up Burpee w/ lateral hop over barbell. 15 reps as fast as possible. 2 min rest. x5
A. Think of each rep as 3 knee bends maybe...
Knees start bent when bar is on the floor... (1st knee bend)
They straighten somewhat as you lift the bar from the floor so they can get behind the bar.
Then they re-bend to "scoop" under the bar (2nd knee bend)
Then you extend/"jump" the weight up and catch with bent knees (3rd knee bend)
B. So from mid thigh~ above knee, you stand, pop hips and pull as high as you can.
I tried to exaggerate "scooping" ... the knee bending may not be so pronounced.
I do the fourth one in slo mo so you can see the knees and how I pull the bar straight into my thighs and "ride" them up to my hip as torso gets more and more vertical.
Then squeeze butt and pull elbows high.
Try to keep your weight on your heels... it's "ok" for heels to come off ground a bit as you pop, but for now, keep
C1... something you gotta put OOMPH into.
Notes :
I warmed up for a long time on the power cleans and tried hard to execute those correctly. They started off ok, the 85's and 90's felt good. I kept just missing the last rep of the 95# sets. I texted you those amazing videos. The high pulls were new, so I was still getting the hang of those. I could feel them in my butt, so hopefully they were sorta right. Pushed it on the db snatches, increased weight for the last 2 sets.
No comments:
Post a Comment