Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 6, 2014

#4
A. Hang Squat Clean & Jerk.  15 Singles. Rest as needed between reps.
8@90#, 7@95#
B. Snatch Grip Deadlift @ 31x1. 2, 2, 1, 1. 2 min rest.
145, 150, 160, 165
C1. Bulgarian Ring Row. AMRAP unbroken (squeeze for 1 second at the top of every rep). 1 min rest. -- 7, 7, 7, 6

C2. Seated Arnold Press. 15-20. 1 min rest. x4 -- 10#

Notes - Part A started off slowly, as I got warmed up. I was skepitcal I would be able to get them all at 90#, but these felt better after a few. I did try 100# twice, with no luck. Pretty interesting that I have the strength to do these from the hang, but cannot lift more weight from the gound. #badform. I still hate the snatch grip deadlifts #mypoorthumbs, but my form seems to be better on these. I have really been focusing on using my hamstrings effectively. No issue with part C.

As you know I had (have) some serious issue with my squat depth. While it has gradually improved, I know there is still work to be done. I cannot sit down nearly low enough on deadlifts and other movements from the ground. I imagine getting down lower could allow me to engage my hamstings more effecively on deadlifts and perhaps improve the form of power cleans. Any ideas are welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment