Sunday, December 14, 2014

December 14, 2014

Sunday
#4
Warm up with any combination of #1 stuff...  Goblet Squats, Side to Side Squats, Air Squat with elbows pressing knees out over feet, anything to help keep your hips "open" at the bottom w/ weight on the outsides of your feet...  also try squatting with heels elevated (maybe on 5# plates) and see if it makes a big difference.

A. Hang Squat Snatch. 10 doubles. 60#+. rest as needed. -- 4@60#, 3@65#, 3@70#, 1@75#
B. 3-position Squat Clean. 1 "rep" every 90 secs x 10 sets.  -- 1@75#, 1@80#, 8@85#
C. Back Squat @ 5050. 6-8. 2 min rest. x5  -- 95#


B.. Deadlift bar... one clean from Mid Thigh, one from Below Knee, one "Hovering" above floor ...  focus on keeping bar close and good pulling mechanics


Notes : Warmed up hips for a while. Standing on 10# plates made a huge difference. Was able to get down super low and stay there. I was happy with the snatches today. Form was good and I felt strong on these. Even did an extra set at 75 which was still pretty. Squat cleans were tough, but just manageable. The last few sets were TOUGH. Back squats were not much fun, but I was able to get down a few inches lower than I might normally go. Those were slow and steady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment