Tuesday, September 15, 2015

September 15, 2015

Tuesday

Saw the Dr today for my shoulder. X-rays were taken, but didn't show anything, not surprising.  He did a bunch of mobility tests and asked about my pain levels to pin point the problem. The Dr. believes it is my labrum. In my limited knowledge the labrum connects the two main parts of the shoulder together. My choices were to get an MRI and see what that shows or start PT and hope we can eliminate the pain that way. The good news is that my shoulder muscles were very strong, and he actually thought I had good mobility. The Dr. said that would be helpful in rehabbing the area.  He believes I will be able to build up more muscles around the pain over time and the pain will go away. In the meantime I got a cortisone shot to give some relief and get on the right track for my surgery in 2w. I don't want to be dealing with shoulder/neck pain on top of  the other pain! I go back in a week for a rehab eval and a few days later for my first session. Hopefully that will get me off to a good start as I recover from my surgery and I will be able complete exercises at home. 


WOD for 2015-09-15: 3 Rds
Bench- 10@10 2 drop sets (10%)
In between your drop sets do 60% of your max T2B set from the beginning of this cycle.
75#, 65, 65
Holding back a tad on these today. I could have hit 80 or maybe 85 with a better shoulder!

Deadlift- 
65%x 40 reps
6-10 reps per set. Rest :90
150# 4 sets of 10
Pushed it on these today. Def tough, but felt good. My 1 rep max 3 months ago was 220#, so 65% would be 143. I decided to go with 150. Pretty sure my 1 rep max has increased in the last few months. 

Conditioning-
3 rounds for reps
1 min Cal Row
1 min KB Swing 32/24 35#
1 min Burpee
1 min rest
137 (not RX 35# KB) - not pushing the shoulder right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment