Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015

My shoulder is being terrible. All weekend I was in a ton of pain. The shoulder pain has spread to my collar bone and up the side of my neck. Lots of rest and heat this weekend. Going to sports medicine tomorrow and hoping they will give me a cortisone shot so I can relax. Of course then I will actually have to stop pushing this injury and take it seriously easy. We shall see what they say.

Monday
WEIGHTLIFTING-
Find a max for the complex of Clean, Clean with 2 sec pause at knee, Hang Clean- Jerk- Jerk- 6 attempts On :90 Start with 60%... Add 5-8% each successful set.
These were all full clean (squat cleans). Squats and cleans felt great. Jerks were hurting my shoulder, so I just stuck with a low weight and at least went through the cycle. Stopped at 75# because it did not feel good on the shoulder at all.
60, 65, 70, 75#x3

STRENGTH-
BACK SQUAT 3@7,3@8,3@9, plus 2 drop set (5%). Rest up to :90 sec between sets.
Couple each drop set with 45-55% of your max set of hspu from the beginning of this cycle. ( alternatively do KB presses for sets of 12-15)
Back squats felt nice. I have been focusing  on not killing myself with weight every time (for a 7 or 8 intensity level) but with getting extra low and making these deep, clean, and not "sticky". They are looking and feeling good! Def getting stronger!
135, 145, 155, 145x2
HSPU suprisingly don't hurt my shoulder much. I did sets of 6-7 with ease. 

CONDITIONING-
5 rounds
10 OHS 115/75
10 C2B Pull-ups
Run 1 lap
RX 18:35
Tore both hands and was hurting, but am happy I can RX a workout like this!! I love OHS workouts and actually having CTB makes me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment