Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015

Monday

WEIGHTLIFTING-
Find a max for the complex of Snatch, Snatch with 2 sec pause at knee, Hang Snatch- 6 attempts On :90 Start with 60%... Add 5-8% each successful set.
55, 60, 65, 70, 70, 70
Feeling super weak today. My snatches were just not working strong. The 65 set felt really great, than 70 felt terrible. I stayed there and worked on form. I think my achy shoulders are getting to me too. 
STRENGTH-
BACK SQUAT 5@8,3@8, plus 3 down set (repeat). Rest up to :90 sec between sets. 
Couple each drop set with 45-55% of your max set of hspu from the beginning of this cycle. ( alternatively do KB presses for sets of 12-15)
135, 155, 155, 155, 155
Back squats felt good today! I def hit my sets right at the "8" workload mark so that made me happy. Plus I just like squats. 

CONDITIONING-
27-21-15-9
OHS 95/65
Run 1 lap between each round of OHS
10:37 RX
A little nervous about this one, but turns out I did really well. Best female time in the gym today, whoot! I will take it since tomorrow is sure to be something I am terrible at!
Squats felt light actually, I was most just focused on control and breathing. I did all the sets unbroken, that was good! The idea of putting the bar down and having to pick it back up was way worse than the idea of just holding on a little longer. Pretty thankful for all the training on OHS in the last year because they have improved tremendously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment