We have been doing a LOT of OHS lately. We are on week four of a cycle. Fine by me since I am sorta good at those thanks to lots of previous programming :-)
Monday
WEIGHTLIFTING-
Find a max for the complex of Clean with 2 sec pause at knee , Low Hang Clean, High Hang Clean, Jerk, Jerk - 5 attempts On 2:00 Start with 60%... Add 5-8% each successful set.
Find a max for the complex of Clean with 2 sec pause at knee , Low Hang Clean, High Hang Clean, Jerk, Jerk - 5 attempts On 2:00 Start with 60%... Add 5-8% each successful set.
55, 65, 80, 90, 100
My old C&J Max was 100, so I was happy with how these went today
STRENGTH-
BACK SQUAT 1@8,1@9,3@9,plus 2 drop set (5%). Rest up to :90 sec between sets.
155, 175, 165, 160, 160
These felt good today. Happy with my back squats lately. Nice and low and strong! I am REALLY hoping I can get a 1 rep max over 200 in the near future.
Couple the 1@9, 3@9, and each drop set with 45-55% of your max set of hspu from the beginning of this cycle. ( alternatively do KB presses for sets of 12-15)
I have been trying to learn kipping hand stand push ups. I got pretty used to strict. Now I have been doing 4-6 strict and a few kipping to get used to those.
CONDITIONING-
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00
2 rounds of:
10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
2 rounds of:
12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
2 rounds of:
14 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
14 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
Everyone will be doing this for a minimum of 12 minutes... If you do not make the time cap before the 3rd round or under... Treat this as a 12 minute ascending AMRAP...
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00
2 rounds of:
10 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 3:00-6:00
2 rounds of:
12 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
12 chest-to-bar pull-ups
From 6:00-9:00
2 rounds of:
14 overhead squats (95 / 65 lb.)
14 chest-to-bar pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
Everyone will be doing this for a minimum of 12 minutes... If you do not make the time cap before the 3rd round or under... Treat this as a 12 minute ascending AMRAP...
So I decided to try and RX this today. I have only down cheat to bar pull ups like 1 or 2 times months ago. I managed to get 76 reps RX before I failed to finish in the time frame on the last set of round two. I got 116 reps in the 12 min time cap. Pretty psyched I did 58 ctb pull ups today. Almost all of them were nice and pretty too!
Def making progress! A lot of days I feel like I am getting no where. Love having those days when things click and you can actually see all the hard work coming together!
No comments:
Post a Comment