My original goal was to get back in the Crossfit gym after 2 months off, or right after Thanksgiving. The week before Thanksgiving I wondered if I would EVER be able to workout again and I couldn't even hang from the pull up bar without pain. Still I started back on schedule November 30th and it actually felt good. Most exercises felt strange, but were possible. No toes to bar or strict pull ups yet though. The first week I could only hang from the bar, but now I can do a few kipping pull ups. The first week I was only squatting maybe 65-75# in the FS (old PR was about 155#), but this week I got a 130 1 rep max. Progress is being made. Slow, steady, lots of patience.
WEIGHTLIFTING
EMOM 12
3 Burpees
1 Snatch
Max that snatch out! ---- 70#
3 Burpees
1 Snatch
Max that snatch out! ---- 70#
Did I mention I hate snatches. I have been taking it easiest on these as I get back into the swing of things. Started today at 45#. Got up to 65# and those were solid. 70 happened, but was ugly.
STRENGTH-
Front squat 1@10 --- 130#
Front squat 1@10 --- 130#
Really happy with these today!! My old 1rm for FS was 155 ish. Last week over 100 felt tough, so I was happy today. I may try to establish a new 1rm for my back squat too. Having goals and seeing progress really helps.
Conditioning-
12 min AMRAP
150 WB 20/14 10/9
90 DU
30 MU ---- 170 RX!
12 min AMRAP
150 WB 20/14 10/9
90 DU
30 MU ---- 170 RX!
Well I used the 14lb wall ball for the first time since my surgery. Felt heavy, but I was ready. My goal was to just finish the wall balls RX and I even got some DU in. Making progress is nice! It is REALLY hard seeing everyone else progress so quickly (like my hubby who hit multiple PRs this week!), but I know I just need to stick with it and stay motivated.
No comments:
Post a Comment